[AT] OT-need help with IDing a snowblower engine

ROBBRUT at aol.com ROBBRUT at aol.com
Sat Dec 4 07:30:07 PST 2004

I'm tapping into the knowledge assets of the list- Answers offline if it will
offend my ATIS friends.
I am building a lightweight motorcycle for my boys (and I) to use.
I'll model it somewhat on the Simplex Servicycle (see  <<<
http://www.servi-cycle.com/  >>>) but upgraded a bit with a Comet Torque-A-Matic variable drive
and bicycle disk brakes.
A 2-stroke engine was what the original had (I have a Simplex, apart though)
so I'd like to stay with that type of powerplant.
Chainsaw engines are too tough to modify for my purposes, since I need a
straight 3/4" or 1" output shaft to utilize the Comet drive.
I have collected three small snowthrowers, all with what looks like the same
3/4" straight-shaft 2-stroke engine (Jacobson Sno-Burst is one of them, but
all three are built exactly the same, but re-branded).
I haven't had any luck ferreting out data on this engine from the usual
sources.
I looking for: Engine OEM; Horsepower and any additional info, such as is it
one of a family of engines with some brothers or cousins with more or less
muscle?
Thanks,
Bruce Thompson
P.S. To avoid "O.T."in the title, I COULD have noted the the two boys who are
to be the ultimate owner/riders are the same two who help with my '56 Case
600G crawler repairs/mods and who are learning (slowly and safely) how to use a
loader and backhoe with the Kubota B7200, but that would have been a bit
sleazy, eh?
-B