[AT] Subdivision Development

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Dec 3 17:53:22 PST 2004

At 12/3/04 4:42:00 PM, you wrote:
>> Charlie
>Interesting to note in this discussion is no mention of depreciation.
>The country here is primarily agriculture except the encroachment by
>subdivisions.
>If I choose to sell to a developer they do the same thing here, charge back
>taxes
>like Charlie said. But as far as agricultural machinery goes, we are
>allowed a 7 year depreciation schedule, and that helps a lot,
>and the sales tax on machinery related to agriculture is 2% in this state.
>Dave

	We do that on machinery here. My stuff is mostly down to zero now. We have a 7% sales tax but ag
stuff is exempt.
	Years ago we had a household goods tax here. They finally dumped that.
	I have to pay property tax on grain I have in storage on March 1. If I sell it on the last day of Feb. I don't
have to pay it.

"farmer"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA