[AT] Mig welders for antique tractor sheet metal work??

David A. Laughead Jr. daljr at bright.net
Fri Dec 3 13:38:42 PST 2004

I can safely say that when you drive by the Hobart factory in Troy, Ohio it
now has Miller Electric signs up as of a few years ago. On another note, I
helped on a roofing job in Troy a year or two ago the home owner said that
Miller did own them now, he also said that their cheaper welders were being
built in China and that a lot of their workers had been laid off.

Yet one more note, in the manual for the Hobart welder I bought about 3-4
weeks ago it mentions Miller Electric. I bought a Hobart Stickmate LX AC
only 235 amps, You find the Miller has the identical unit called the
Thunderbolt XL

Dave Laughead
Arcanum, Ohio