[AT] Mig welders for antique tractor sheet metal work??

Clint D driggars at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 3 13:57:40 PST 2004

Farmer

I bought a Century stick welder (AC?DC) about 9 years ago at TSC, it still
welds really good, as good as my ranger 8
I also have a lincoln mig welder, but bought a smaller century mig that welds
just as good

Now there are some really cheapos out there made with very weak electrical
inside parts, these usually are the fast sale 90.00-120.00 range found on
some websites

Clint

> This is the kind of good common sense post I like to see. Too many folks
get all hung up on brands
> they like and call everything else junk even when the stuff is made by the
same company. Nobody makes junk
> anymore except John Deere...   ;-)    ;-)   There, that should generate
some talk.   :-)

> Son Scott and I bought a portable wire feed w/ gas hookup a couple of years
ago. We thought we
> really needed it but neither of us has used it much. I still generally use
the arc with a sheet metal rod or grab
> the torch. I sometimes use mild steel or sometimes use brass. Anything but
thin stuff I just use arc so I don't