[AJD] DLTX-10 Rebuild vs Replace

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 12:02:25 PST 2004

Howdy all,

    I finally managed to get inside the carb off of
the Lindeman I bought.   It looked nice on the outside
but...  When I got the bowl off today,  it was
absolutely full of rust.  It looked as though a roden
had been in the bowl of the carb,  but I know that's
not possible..  Never seen so much trash in the bowl
as this one has.  Considering the intake and outlet
sides were relatively clean.

   So my question,  Has anyone bought one of the
Remaned Carbs from Tractorparts.com?  I see they are
priced at $399 with a $100 core credit.  After surfing
Robert's website and this one,  I am pretty sure I
will exceed the $299 it will cost me from
Tractorparts.com at Robert's in parts.  Are there any
other places I should be looking at?  I am going to
keep a good lookout on Ebay for one as well,  but If I
am going to spend the money,  I thought I would go for
the rebuilt.  I have not ordered anything from
Tractorparts.com so I am not sure of their reputation.

                          Chris