[AJD] Tractor tire dealer

Duane Larson jdlarson at comcast.net
Wed Dec 1 18:31:15 PST 2004

Dean,
Bauer Built at Durand, huh - that was about 12 miles from our farm where I
grew up, and we dealt with them regularly.  They were (and apparently still
are) fine folks.  Dad brought a rear 12-26 Firestone tire from my '31 GP for
them to look at when it went flat.  Upon analysis, the fluid had apparently
rusted the reinforcing wire in the area of the bead.  The fellow told Dad
that he could fix it - it wouldn't be pretty but it would hold.  That was
1980, and the GP (now down here) still had the tire on it (with a big bulge
(from day one) which attracted lots of attention) until this summer when I
replaced the cutoffs and tires so I could plow with it.

And I was just up there with my gooseneck this summer!  Oh, well.  Next
time.  Never thought to ask them for tire prices.  And I knew they had
grown, but not to that extent.  Thanks for the post.
Duane