[Ford-ferguson] TO-20 for snow plowing

Bob Erickson llamas at bright.net
Wed Dec 1 14:07:17 PST 2004

I'm thinking of putting a 6' blade on the back of my TO-20.  Pushing
snow is more effective than pulling it, so if I reverse the blade and
drive backwards to push snow off my driveway am I in danger if I hit
something solid like ice or digging into turf just off the pavement?  I
really don't want to flip the tractor on top of myself or tear it up.

I could keep using a shovel but it takes an hour or more to clear the
whole drive that way, and even more time yet if the kids 'help'.
Besides, shoveling was more fun in 1970 than it is today.

Thanks in advance,
Bob