[AJD] Aftermarket VS Mother Deere

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 11:09:07 PST 2004

   Recently I signed up for the Online John Deere
parts service,  and while I find it mainly frustrating
that most of what I look up is an invalid part,   Some
of the things I have looked at have been very
interesting.

    Today,  I was looking up AA4923R .045 Piston
Rings.  $69,  of course not in stock at the two
dealers that the online parts will let me look at.
So,  off to my local parts house,  they finally found
the number,  but could not tell me if they were the
1/4 inch rings or the 3/16 rings I needed.  No mention
of straight gas or all fuel,  and to top it off they
were $119.  And I get Jobber pricing from them...

     I also looked up a replacement 6v Generator on
the Deere Parts site.   $150 for a reman didn't seem
terribly awful to me,  of course,  again not in stock,
 and it changed the part number I gave to a TY number
of some sort.  I wonder if it is a different style
than what I am expecting,  or a old rebuilt delco
remy?

                         Chris