[AT] Local tractor restoration business.

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Wed Dec 1 07:42:21 PST 2004

	Here is a picture and article from the front page of our local paper. Click on the headline to read the
article...

http://www.shelbynews.com/

	I don't have any problem with him but I find that he is generally not all that popular locally. He comes off
as pretty arrogant to many people in person. I chat with him at shows but consider him an acquaintance
rather than a friend. One of his employees and I are friends and his former partner and my sister dated steady
through high school in the late 1950's.
	I believe it was his grandfather (I lose track of who is related and how), Paul Kaster, that had a
Ferguson dealership from about 1948 up through the mid 1950's when he sold out and started a small factory
making farm equipment. I believe his first product was a small 3 point utility box with woodsides and floor on a
steel frame. He also produced a hopper wagon bed that folded down to make a flat bed. It was only
moderately successful. Later he formed Kasco Mfg. (still in business) and one of the big sellers was a three
bar mounted plow harrow. He sold a zillion of those all over. He was very good friends with my father and in
the early 1950's they shared a tent and show space at the county fair. He displayed Frerguson tractors and
my father was selling metal bins and corn cribs. Paul Kaster and I got re-acquainted years later when I bought
one of Kasco's larger sawmills. I could saw a straight log 30" in diameter and 24 feet long without having to
split it.

	Probably more stuff than you wanted to know.   :-)

"farmer"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net