[AT] Sherman aux. tranny in 9N--lube??

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Dec 1 04:33:35 PST 2004

John Wilkens wrote:
> Does a Sherman aux. transmission in a Ford 9N get its lube from the
> transmission oil--or what?    Same question for a Howard aux. tranny in
> the rear end?     John W.
I have both in my 2N, and the answer is "they get their lubrication from
the transmission oil" to both questions.

>    PS:  I just got a GREAT quality and VERY
> reasonably priced master parts manual for the 9, 2, 8 and NAA Fords from
> Faxon Auto Literature (800-458-2734).  Think I'll see what else they have.
<http://stores.ebay.com/Faxon-Auto-Literature>

Mike

>                    In the wide-open spaces of NE Oregon

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none.
-Thomas Carlyle, writer (1795-1881)