[Farmall] a few question Hard start B

BIRDDOG cvill at frontiernet.net
Tue Aug 31 15:50:40 PDT 2004

David,

My old secret being given away....... Soak them (cap and coil top too) with
a good spray of WD-40 and let it dry on a while before starting so you don't
have and fire.  It will pretty much cure damp weather starting problems for
three or six months.  Be aware, it will remove any fresh paint that is not
well set.  I have been doing this for years, and have been called a genius
at times for getting someone's flooded car started on a wet day.

WD stands for "water displacing" , I believe.

Charlie V. in soggy WNY -- Five inches of water have been added to the rain
gage since Saturday afternoon.