[AT] Portland 2004

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Tue Aug 31 15:07:56 PDT 2004

	It was a pleasure for Lucille and I to see all of you at
Portland on Friday and to be able to eat that great picnic lunch
at noon. I don't know when I've ever felt more at home than I did
when I was there at the campsite with all of you. Lucille enjoyed
it so much she is planning on staying for the week next year. Now
all we have to do is find a way to get that much time off. I have
some photos to post to the ATIS photo site as soon as I get time.

	I missed seeing Gil and Vera Schwartz this year. I hope
everything is all right in Missouri.

	Sorry to hear Phil had bad news when he got home.

	Sounds like everyone else made it OK in spite of the rain on
Sunday.  We left Illinois on Sunday afternoon and ran into heavy rain
near Toledo and found a motel there to stay at overnight. We figured
the rain would go on thru and we would have an easy drive of it
on Monday thru the rest of Ohio and PA but were wrong. The rain
stayed with us all day long until we got home. Sometimes it was
so heavy we couldn't see the sides of the pavement. We only saw
one accident in the whole trip and that was someone towing a camper
with a Blazer or Trail Blazer size vehicle that wrecked it on a
big bridge east of Cleveland on I-80. It was on that long bridge
over the very deep and wide ravine and must have been scary. We
sat on I-80 for 45 minutes while tow trucks cleared the bridge.
Other than that and the rain, we had no problems at all for the
entire trip.

	I have a whole year now to get a gas golf cart set up so
Lucille doesn't have to walk everywhere during the show next year.
Hope to see you all again then.

Cecil

what you said.

Cecil E Monson