[Farmall] Farmall C question

soffiler at myeastern.com soffiler at myeastern.com
Tue Aug 31 06:36:37 PDT 2004

I wouldn't necessarily suspect the condenser right off the
bat.  First things first.  Start with the basics.

Do you have a voltmeter?  If so, with ignition "on", check
voltage on both sides of the coil.  One side connects
straight to the battery (thru the kill switch) so you should
get steady battery voltage there.  The other side connects
to ground thru the points.  With points open, you should get
battery voltage.  With points closed, you should get very
close to zero voltage.  (Don't leave ignition "on" with
points closed for too long; current is flowing thru the coil
and it will heat up.)  The results of this simple test will
generally point you to the solution, or at least reduce the
list of candidates to just a few.  Post here and we'll help
interpret results.

Steve O.

From: "Kevin Bish" <krsky at alltel.net>