[Farmall] a few question Hard start B

David Gregg dgregg at bright.net
Tue Aug 31 03:30:10 PDT 2004

My BN is just like this B but if you watched it run in the dark you would
understand. Mostly the wires, they don't look all that bad but they arc all
over.
David
Message: 3
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:30:52 -0500
From: <craiger.mon at verizon.net>
Subject: [Farmall] a few question
To: <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>
1) I'm going to try to buy his 1947 Farmall B. The family says that it
always had problems starting if it gets any kind of moisture around it. They
even built a little "rain shield" over the distributor etc...cut the
sheetmetal and attached another sheet angled outward...grrrrr. They said
that if it even sat outside for a bit when there might be dew on the ground
it won't start until it drys out. Is this something peculiar to B's? What
could it be other than a cracked distributor cap? He's not a mechanic, but I
know he's tried that route.

Craig