[AT] Fwd: Re: [SEL] Lake Portland

Phil Auten pga2 at hot1.net
Sun Aug 29 17:14:56 PDT 2004

Well,
I got home just after nine this morning (Sunday). After 26 hours on the road
and living on coffee for the last 12 or so, there was a different kind of
"rain"
waiting for me.
I had several messages on the answering machine:
My wife had to be admitted to the hospital Wednesday afternoon due to a
recurring staph infection resulting from her recent surgeries. All is ok, but
she will be administered antibiotics twice daily by IV for the next two weeks.

My only brother blacked out and ran off the road on the way to work on
Tuesday. There were no serious injuries, but at his wife's insensistence,
he was checked out thoroughly at the hospital. A cat scan found a tumor
in his brain about the size of a quarter.

A close friend, the man that sold me my first tractor, died of a massive
heart attack Thursday night.

It has not been a good day for me. I need some sleep now, so off to bed.

Phil