[AT] Wire welder question

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 29 14:42:30 PDT 2004

--- bwhdon <acton at onramp.bz> wrote:

> I was wondering if any body has experiance with
> Hobart wire welder,  I have
> used Miller 250 most of my work time and was looking
> at getting a wire
> welder for the garage
Don, in my very humble opinion, you won't be happy
with the Hobart.  They vary all over the place, mostly
the wire drive I think, but it's real hard to work
with.  Unstable as all get out.  I used to work with a
variety of Millers and now only have the Hobart.  If I
was to do any work other than equipment repair I would
tear my hair out!!  I would get the best Miller (or
Lincoln from what I hear) I could afford, even well
used will be better than new Hobart.  Again, only my
opinion, good luck!

=====
Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan

Being crazy just helps me keep my sanity!