[Farmall] "A" serial number Just wondering

Chuck mars at nwlink.com
Sat Aug 28 20:43:16 PDT 2004

This weekend I came across a couple of A's one a 47 an the other a 44 which a fellow
had for sale. The 44 was painted white, now after looking at the book an seeing it was
made in 1944 a few of Chapter #30 members that were there thought it couldn't be
a white demo. But here is brothering me, the tractor was painted white except for
one part, it looked like it had been sitting along side of a fence row for a number of
years, like about twenty or more. Serial #105477 which is a 44, I know that IH painted
what ever color you wanted but one never knows if the dealer may have painted it
or someone just liked white.  Sort of strange that a old tractor drug from a fence row
would be white an even under the paint I found no red only old primer.

                                                                    Charlie