[Farmall] cleaning solvents

Brad Anderson classiccabinet at qwest.net
Tue Aug 24 10:45:27 PDT 2004

Bob,

Out here, in the "Tree Hugging capital of the world" (Eugene), and much to
the chagrin of the local "Earth Muffins", I find that Lacquer thinner works
best for me.

If, I remember to leave the lid down on the tank, 5 gallons lasts about a
year, before it becomes as effective as  the bio-degradable solvents. (only
thing I can find in local parts houses) I buy mine through the local paint
store and when purchased in a 5 gallon drum, the cost is not all that much
more than buying equivalent 16 oz bottled water at the local 7-11. (I'm
presently paying $6.42, per gallon)

I should use rubber gloves and a respirator, but don't ---- Hasn't effected
me yet. but, yet hasn't affected me.  etc. etc. (as Jim said, they should be
worn)

Lacquer thinner will ruin the sump pump in your tank, (if so equipped), so
you might keep that in mind.

I  tried Zyline in the past, but, couldn't handle the stink. I went back to
Lacquer thinner.

Brad Anderson (ore)