[AT] Portland, rain or ???

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 18:31:32 PDT 2004

Well, been making plans, have the motorhome fully
packed, leaving tomorrow after work, and feeling like
the feller on Lil Abner with the rain cloud over his
head.  Ya, been looking at the weather channel,
forecast for wet till after the show.  Seems like this
happens to the vast majority of my vacations.  Wet
tractor shows (or worse, had ice in Sept. at one),
unfishing (or worm drowning) trips up north (in the
middle of the mayfly hatch).  Always have a great time
no matter what, just seems that sunny, 70, and my
vacations are on opposite ends of the spectrum.  No
way am I going to let a little thing like rain stop me
from having fun though,  even have rain suits and
umbrellas, lots of coffee and an awning.
Hey, I know that this stage in my life I am "supposed"
to be more composed, gentile, etc. but I'm not like
that.  I'm totally excited to be on my way to Portland
for the first time.  Kind of like going to your first
race, or first concert, or first date (OK, strike that
one :-P ).  One of the things on my things to do
before I'm all done list, and way up towards the top
of it too.
Wish the rest of you could join us, even you, Kessen.

I'll let you know how it feels to a newby when I get
back.
Keep the list warmed up.

=====
Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan

Being crazy just helps me keep my sanity!