[AT] OT- Digital Cameras/Thanks

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Mon Aug 23 16:09:03 PDT 2004

Buy the camera with the "fastest" lens -- regardless of price.  Don't
settle for anything less than a 1:2.0.  If the lens isn't marked, then
it's probably around 1:5.6 or worse, and you'll be forever fighting the
problems of jiggle, "missed action", fuzzy focus, and a whole host of
other annoyances.  When you find a digital camera with a fast lens, it
will also have a full range of flexibility to allow you to use it in
anything from "point-and-shoot" mode to really exacting document and
macro photo work.

The bottom line: buy a camera with the physically largest diameter lens
on the front of it that you can find.  But be forewarned --- you won't
be able to slip it into a pocket at a tractor show.

Larry