[Farmall] Advice on Tires for an H.

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Mon Aug 23 14:49:24 PDT 2004

Also try Tucker's Tire Company <http://www.tuckertire.com/>. Jim Dalton
got me some "irrigation" tread tires for my H at a very reasonable
price. They would never do for plowing fields or skidding logs, but they
are fine for putting around.

You can see an image of my tires at:
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/other_machinery/irrigation_tread.html>

Mike

Bigdog wrote:

> Simon, That is tread width and rim diameter of the tire.  They would
> be a standard size for your H.  Miller Tire has them ranging from
> about $245 to $280 depending on brand.  I would think the Titan tires
> at about $245 each would serve you well
>
> Bigdog
>
> The link to Miller Tire - www.millertire.com ----- Original Message
> ----- From: Simon Herriotts To: farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com
> Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 1:09 PM Subject: [Farmall] Advice on
> Tires for an H.
>

> Hey,
>
> I have a '44 H that I use for light duty around the place. Yesterday
> I went out to find a blown rear tire, they were pretty gone anyway
> and I have just been waiting for one to go so I can replace the set.
>  I know nothing about tractor tires so looking for some advice.
>
> The numbers on the tires read 12.4-38 (11 inch rim).
>
> So what do these numbers mean, I assume width and radius but of what
>  portion of the tire?
>
> Is this the original size or has someone swapped an incorrect tire in
> the past?
>
> Any recommendations on brand, tread type, ply etc?
>
> What price range should I be looking in for something decent for the
> kind of light duty I am using the tractor for?
>
> Cheers and Thanks in advance, Simon '44 Farmall H '49 Farmall H

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
Email: (msloane at att.net)
Website: <http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Blog: <www.mikesloane.blogspot.com
Tractor images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>
Work: none - retired

In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take.
-Adlai Stevenson, statesman (1900-1965)