[Farmall] Advice on Tires for an H.

Simon Herriotts sherriot at cisco.com
Mon Aug 23 10:09:04 PDT 2004

Hey,

I have a '44 H that I use for light duty around the place.
Yesterday I went out to find a blown rear tire, they were pretty gone
anyway and I have just been waiting for one to go so I can replace the set.
I know nothing about tractor tires so looking for some advice.

The numbers on the tires read 12.4-38 (11 inch rim).

So what do these numbers mean, I assume width and radius but of what
portion of the tire?

Is this the original size or has someone swapped an incorrect tire in the past?

Any recommendations on brand, tread type, ply etc?

What price range should I be looking in for something decent for the kind
of light duty I am using the tractor for?

Cheers and Thanks in advance,
Simon
'44 Farmall H
'49 Farmall H