[AT] Ahhhhhhh!!!!!......Bad tractor day

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sun Aug 22 18:12:48 PDT 2004

> Anyway, I replaced things and tested the coil, nice spark.  Tested the wire to the plugs, again nice sparks so I was happy.  So I gave it a shot...nothing.  Rechecked the sparks....they were just fine.  I'm sure I have the plug wires on right but I switched them and tried again.  It kick over and caught.  It ran ugly a it and quit.  Ok switched the plug wires back and tried again...nothing.  That when I remembered that I didn't screww the points down, saw the screw laying on the seat.  So ripped it apart and tried again.  Nothing.
>
> Checked the plugs and they are wet...does that mean something?  At the moment I'm completely lost on this thing and it ran fine in May and June until I tried it in July.  I'm completely frustrated..

	I had the same thing happen to me with 40-U that I bought at an
auction, Le Roy.  Turned out the distributor had been turned so the #1
port on the distributor was actually firing about 90 degrees out of time.
It would pop and sputter but would not run. I finally figured it out and
turned the distributor back where the #1 cylinder was actually firing
when it was supposed to and it ran like a champ. Wouldn't hurt to check.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson