[Steam-engine] Steam engine saved

Terry Welch ksw001 at pensys.com
Sat Aug 21 14:47:57 PDT 2004

This morning the club I belong to moved one of the vertical Buckeye steam
engines from Milwaukee Solvay Coke Company grounds. As I am writing this it
should be arriving at our clubs grounds. It was a lot of work. Took a big crane
and a large semi to get it all moved. Plans at this point are to get the
foundation in possibly this fall. Get the engine set on the foundations after
that and get it piped in next spring some time. It needs some work as when the
building was taken down it did do some damage to the engine, platform and steps.
There are 7 more engines there if anyone is interested. The condition the
building is in now. you would need manlifts to get to the other engines or at
least ladders. It will be nice to see it running for next years show.
Terry