[AT] OT Yahoo

bwhdon acton at onramp.bz
Sat Aug 21 07:12:31 PDT 2004

Fires season? has been pretty slow here and thats a good thing! Carson city
had the Waterfall fire, burned up some homes. I see Redding , Calaverous
County and San Deigo have had some home burners. The big thing was the
grounding of the big air tankers by the us forest service. Lots of big
helocopters taking up the slack, and the Seat air craft. Some one is suppose
to be retro fitting a 747 for fires, that ought to be a site to see. the
C130's of the national gaurd are great but a 747 .
Hows the rain been over there? we could use it over here. This year we have
a lot of strange weeds growing and a bumper crop of russian thistle and pig
weed, cheat grasss didn't do get to high and the thunder storms brought
moisture as they passed throug, so fires are down, and that's a Good thing.
I think if we make it to next month we can start sending the blm colleges
kids and the contract engines home , keep your fingers crossed for the snow
to come.

Don