[Steam-engine] Tank sealer

Best, Dianne dbest at hydro.mb.ca
Fri Aug 20 05:38:53 PDT 2004

He has a gas tank sealer that works GREAT in water tanks. Esp new
tanks. Pour it in and roll the tank around to coat it all over. Do it
a few times to built a decent coating. It is better than any paint
and will outlast the outside of the tank!
Ken

I have been using that stuff (US Standard fuel tank sealant)  for a
number of years on ALL the old machinery I restore and I was thinking of
it as I was reading about water tanks. I seldom praise a product, but US
Standard is great, as are the other rust treatment products from POR-15.
The fuel tank sealant leaves a hard but slightly flexible coating inside
the tank that looks like the old enamel cookware. Every gas engine
machine I have done has got a coat of US Standard just to make sure I
DON'T have any problems in the future.

Dianne