[AT] Pitman rivets?

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Aug 18 04:19:13 PDT 2004

> Of course, nobody has them.  I checked McMaster-Carr and they don't list
> any thing longer than 1".  I'm apparently going to have to rely on some
> NOS rivets or somebody's leftovers in their shop, or (heaven forbid)
> I'll have to bolt the straps to the pitman wood.  Does anyone have a few
> or know a source for them?  I only need three of each.
>
> Larry

	Larry, almost any blacksmith, whether he does it just as a hobby
or as a business, would make you good authentic looking rivets for your
pitman shaft. Most of them would have the tool that forms that rounded
head. Ask around and you will be surprised who can do it for you. Those
long rivets have been hard to find at hardware stores for years.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson