[AT] Pitman rivets?

Larry D Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Tue Aug 17 20:54:37 PDT 2004

Help!  I'm trying to restore a sickle bar mower for my 1947 Economy
tractor.  Economy Engineering (later to become Power King) bought much
of the assembly from McCormick-Deering.  The bar and pitman are
essentially a Model 6 -- first made in 1922.  I'm in the process of
building a new pitman for it, but I need rivets -- 3/8" diameter button
head with a pre-installed length of 2-1/4 and 2-1/2 inches.

Of course, nobody has them.  I checked McMaster-Carr and they don't list
any thing longer than 1".  I'm apparently going to have to rely on some
NOS rivets or somebody's leftovers in their shop, or (heaven forbid)
I'll have to bolt the straps to the pitman wood.  Does anyone have a few
or know a source for them?  I only need three of each.

Larry