[Ford-ferguson] Re: Ford-ferguson Digest, Vol 3, Issue 8

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 17 05:41:49 PDT 2004

Dang that's alotta oil.. no need to have any more than 'full' on the stick..
and even then you can reduce it a bit to prevent marginal seals from leaking
as much.  We ford N owners, usually only fill the sump to the bottom bolt
level on the round side covers... this ends up being 4-4.5 gallons.  Also..
check to make sure you don't have alotta water in that sump displacing the
oil.

Soundguy

>From: Gene <uel72 at earthlink.net>
>Thanks for the info.  I will check the seals, I was concernedthat the oil
in the tranny is about 3 in above the full mark on the dip >stick and almost
to the stick hole.  I will pull the wheels and replace the seals.