[Ford-ferguson] Re: Ford-ferguson Digest, Vol 3, Issue 8

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 17 05:38:35 PDT 2004

On the N's.. the sump hold 5 gal of oil.  For those of us with weepy seals,
we instead use only about 4.5 gal.  An easy way to check this is to remove
the lower bolt in one of the round side covers, and only fill oil to that
level.  Tranny and diffy still splash lubes fine at that level, and the
intake to the belly pump is still well below the oil level.  What this does,
is keeps the oil from pooling at the mouths of the axle trumpets, and at the
tranny input shaft seal.  Not a fix by any means.. but can 'prolong' useable
time before needing one.  T0 should have the same sump characteristics..
though.. outter wheel seals are a tad different I hear.

Soundguy