[AT] Farmall F-14

Dave Ernst dadadidi at cccomm.net
Mon Aug 16 15:43:47 PDT 2004

I started the old F-14 today in preparation to hauling it on a one way trip
to the local tractor show in Minden at Bill Ramsden's place. It is a 1939
model, one of 31,902 made according to the Farmall folks.
She runs great, and I was going to keep her and give her a little
beautification work, including a coat of red paint so she could join the
millions of other red ones but she hit a snag.
After posing here a year or so ago, Miller Tire finally came up with the
oddball tire size and a quotation of $1,050 for a pair of tires and tubes
delivered.
My tractor collecting is limited to steel wheels or tracks, except maybe a
JD model D is in the future for souping up and joining the tractor pulls.
Anyway I sadly announce She's going away with the person with the highest
offer this weekend. (He can buy the tires)
Dave