[Steam-engine] galvanized pipe

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 09:44:48 PDT 2004

Besides the reasons already given, I think that you
will find it difficult to locate galvanized in the
recommended Sch 80.  I've never seen it anyway.  You
will also find that the zinc is cut away when the pipe
is threaded.  The threads are where you need corrosion
protection the most.  Galvanized surfaces are hard to
get paint to stick to as well.   Pretty much looks
like there are no "pluses" and only "minuses" when it
comes to using Galvanized.
--- Lorija799 at aol.com wrote:

> Galvanized pipe sets up electrolysis and corrosion
> in boiler use.  Always use
> black schedule 80 for lines to boiler, and high
> pressure heavy fittings.
>
> JJ

=====
Andy Glines