[AT] Allis Chalmers wheel disk

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sun Aug 15 10:54:27 PDT 2004

Al,  a CA didn't have that much power.  If it is the disc for a CA the
blades are on the small end of disc blade diameters ( I don't remember the
size right now) and the frame of the disc was made so that some chains
(probably long ago removed from the one you saw) connected to the lift arms
of the tractor.  That way the draft control (traction booster) could
transfer weight from the disc frame to the rear wheels of the tractor.  That
along with the tamdem wheels supporting the disc frame allowed the little CA
to handle it.
I think the CA had about 30 hp +/- a couple.

If you decide you don't want that one please let me know where it is.  I'd
like to have it to pull with my D-14.

It could be that it is a later model, heavier disc than the CA or my D-14
would pull.  Hard to tell without  seeing it.

Charlie