[AT] Allis Chalmers wheel disk

Al Jones aljones at ncfreedom.net
Sat Aug 14 18:52:56 PDT 2004

Anyone know anything about AC's wheel disks? The local MF dealer has had
one on the yard for quite a while, it looks like it might be a nice
match for my 450 even though it's not red.  Haven't had any luck finding
an IH #37.  The disk looks to be about 8-10 wide.  I found a 12 footer
on the YT photo ad's that looks similar in construction:

http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/photoads/classifieds.cgi?search_and_d
isplay_db_button=on
<http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/photoads/classifieds.cgi?search_and_
display_db_button=on&db_id=76952&query=retrieval>
&db_id=76952&query=retrieval

Can you still get parts for these?  I have no idea of the model but the
gang parts (bearings, hangers, etc.) remind me of the mounted AC disk my
great-uncle has for his WD-45.  I have been thinking if it's not an
"orphan" I might stop in sometime and inquire.

Thanks,
Al