[AT] Concrete Slip Forms

TCHARPE at aol.com TCHARPE at aol.com
Fri Aug 13 17:14:30 PDT 2004

The first time I saw this "continuous pour" method used was back in the
middle  30's
when OLd Fort Mills, in Marion OH was poured using the slip forms.  It was a
double
row of grain silos.... 8 all together, I think.   This is now known as
Central Soya Corp.
that may have changed by now).  You know how they keep changing names.

They had a couple of men walking around the top as they poured working the
screw
 jacks to pull the form up.  They poured 24 hours a day for many days before
they
finished.  Had rows of lights around the top that could be seen for miles at
night.

This was the talk of the town at that time.   I was only 6 or 8 then.

Ted Harper