[AT] another new shop

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Fri Aug 13 07:36:56 PDT 2004

The next time any of you travel through a construction zone where they
are pouring a continuous divider wall on an Interstate highway, notice
the process.  The form isn't more than eight or ten feet long, and they
move it along as they pour -- within minutes of when it came out of the
truck.  City street departments do the same thing with poured curbing.
I grew up with the concept of letting concrete set for at least 24 hours
before removing the forms, but that's obviously an old-fashioned idea
nowadays.

Larry