[AT] OT: Thank you Farmer

HaliganBar at aol.com HaliganBar at aol.com
Thu Aug 12 19:56:08 PDT 2004

Charlie,

Not sure of the specifics of the code requirement but, I will pick Tom's
brain when we do the job. His brief explanation on the phone indicated that a
single ground was sufficient provided that the ground was measured to be below a
certain the ohm value (not sure what that value is). Apparently, the tool to
measure that value costs approx. $5000. So rather than spent the $5000 most
electricians just install 2 separate ground rods with the ground wires attached to
a common point.

Maybe someone else on the list can shed more light on this one.

Karl

In a message dated 8/12/04 8:48:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, chill8 at cox.net