[AJD] Wheel removal on model 44 plow

Duane Ledford dledford at classicnet.net
Thu Aug 12 16:43:10 PDT 2004

Dennis,

We may not be talking about the same thing. The wheel I am trying to remove
is the left side wheel that has the rope trip mechanisim. Sounds like you
are talking about the tail wheel. The axle will move in and out, and the
wheel will move about an inch before it stops. If we are talking about the
same critter, how did you arrange your gear puller? If I were to put a gear
puller on mine and use the axle as the center point, I would just push the
axle through the wheel as well as the trip assembly. There would be no way
to put pressure on the wheel to pull it off. I thought there might be some
dogs on the backside of the wheel that go into the trip assembly that have
to be pulled in in order to clear the  lip of the assembly, but I can't find
a way to get anything behind the spacer that holds the hub cap bolts.
There's gotta be a way!

Duane Ledford