[AJD] Wheel removal on model 44 plow

Duane Ledford dledford at classicnet.net
Thu Aug 12 16:09:13 PDT 2004

Hi, its me again. Needing to remove the furrow wheel on my model 44, 2/14 plow. Got the 3 nuts off the bolts. Got the cap, pin and spacer off. Wheel will only go out so far and sounds like it is hitting something. Someone else said that the 3 bolts hold the wheel in place, and that they get rusted in the wheel. I tapped the bolts through the holes in the wheel and pulled the spacer behind the wheel toward the plow. This gave me no extra movement. Is there a lip on the wheel that goes inside the trip mechanisim? Do I have to split the mechanism to get the wheel off? Surely there is something I am missing. Looked best I could behind the wheel and could not see any type of C clip or snap ring.

The plow has factory spoke wheels with rubber tires. I know I should get a manual for this, thought I was getting one, but someone on this list has yet to let me know when they were getting the reprinted manual in :)
Thanks,
Duane Ledford