[AT] The Gathering of the Orange

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Thu Aug 12 04:39:21 PDT 2004

	In all the years I have been going to the Pageant of Steam, I
don't think I'd need more than the fingers on one hand to count the times
when Fridays have been nice dry days up there. Usually Fridays are a sea
of mud. This year, it apparently hasn't rained that much yet but in
checking the weather forecast this morning, I see that the Friday forecast
calls for rain the entire day.

	Being as we had 3 inches of rain yesterday afternoon in an hour
and a half and it took me another hour and a half to put the driveway
back in shape with the Allis D-12 and landscape rake, I have been a little
leery about the weather. Sure enough this morning we got another gully
washer that took out my work from yesterday afternoon and left the driveway
a mess. It looks like I need about 5 loads of crushed stone this morning
and that will change my plans for the Pageant of Steam and the Gathering
of the Orange.

	My plans now are to go up tomorrow afternoon and be at the
Gathering all day Saturday. Hope to see some of you there.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson