[AT] IH engine identification

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Aug 11 20:42:06 PDT 2004

John, a local guy here has a Trojan payloader. I was surprised to see that
its engine is an IH 6 cylinder gas much like those in my IH trucks. I
believe it was a BD 264.
Not sure what your 4 cylinder in the grader would be. Likely from a tractor
as the trucks never had a 4 cyl.
Well, not until the 60s anyway. Most of the IH six cyl truck engines can be
identified by the stamping on the upper right hand corner of the engine
block just below the exhaust manifold.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/