Permits Re: [AT] My Portland request...

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Wed Aug 11 14:42:29 PDT 2004

At 03:50 PM 8/11/04, you wrote:
>Warren, I no that but it sounds like someone is  pushing his viewpoint down
>our throats without letting us answer back. I don't  talk politics because
>there is such a big devide and people are down right nasty  about getting
>their
>side over. But I don't go around telling people not to talk  politics or put
>stickers on their tractors or car or a sign in their yard. I  just hink we
>should
>keep quiet and let the people do and say what they want and  if we don't like
>their politcs we can always move to the other side of the  room.
>I guess I just don't like people telling me what I can or cannot do as  long
>as its legal.
>
>I am in a big fight with so called neighbors who live  in other parts of the
>county that are trying to keep me from getting a building  permit for the 4
>aces that I am trying to sell. What business is it to them  whether I have a
>new neighbor they don't even live near me or know who i  am and i bet they
>need
>directions to get out here. BUMMER.  Sorry just had  to rant on.
>
>Walt Davies
>Cooper Hollow Farm
>Monmouth,  OR 97361
>503 623-0460

         Take a look at the subject line Walt... It says "request"...
         Good luck on the permit... Around here if an adjoining neighbor
objects they seldom go through. They get one on through now and then
though. If all you are going to put on the 4 acres is a residential single
family dwelling setup I would think 4 acres would be enough room that most
people wouldn't object. Makes a nice sized lot. Especially if the new
construction is not right up close to the property line. Of course
sometimes the lay of the land makes that decision for you.
         As I am setting up this horse boarding thing I figure if anybody
objects I will just tell them that I either keep horses or I will keep
hogs...   :-)   They know that they can't touch me on hogs. I don't expect
any problems since I have all friendly easy to get along with neighbors.
         Maybe you could tell them it is a choice between a house or
hogs...   :-)
         A nut case neighbor to a remote property my mother owns was
bugging her about something once years ago and she just mentioned that she
had seen an ad in the Indy Star saying that  the Indianapolis Hells Angels
motorcycle club was looking for a piece of ground to rent for camp
gatherings. Things got real quiet.   ;-)

"farmer"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net