[AT] tractor auction

Grant Weir grantweird at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 10 14:49:32 PDT 2004

>From: Ralph Goff <alfg at sasktel.net>>Subject: [AT] tractor auction
>
>Heres a nice assortment of older tractors. I especially like that Cockshutt
>30. Theres also a nice assortment of toys and antiques too.
>http://www.leblancauction.com/HEIN/hein.htm
>
>Ralph in Sask.
>http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/

Hi Ralph (and everyone),

    I just got back from the lake and drove right past the place where this
auction will take place.  All the stuff is already out on display as it is
right next to the highway.  From the website it looks like every thing is up
for auction including the house and land.  The only thing not selling is the
old Hart-Parr that was in the family from day one.

    I wonder what happened to Mr. Hein?  He and his family are very nice
people.  Every year they would host their own old time threshing festival
complete with $3 pancake breakfast.  Lots of fun and zero cost for admission
- totally volunteer by the family.  It appears that something drastic must
have happended to make such dedicated people stop doing what they obviously
loved doing.  I will be going to the sale for sure so I guess I'll find out
then.

    I think I'll be checking into that little Allis B as well as the John
Deere 8ft power binder.  I'd rather the binder was a Massey-Harris, but
beggars can't be choosers so what the heck.   I've already got a threshing
machine and tractor, so obviously I "need" a binder.  :-)  Actually, I'm
going to show my wife the house this weekend so perhaps if it's nice and I
can convince her it's time to move, I might even take a poke at the acreage
itself.  Now THAT would be nice!

Grant Weir
Saskatoon, SK.
Canada

MSN® Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling
get-togethers.
first two months FREE*.