[AT] another new shop

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Mon Aug 9 03:53:34 PDT 2004

> Cecil, my unit is an Aqua-Therm out of Brooten, MN 612/346-2264 in case you
> want to check with them.  Who knows if they're even still in business, these
> things change.  I saw a model right after the one I bought that I think

	I'm glad to see you use the John Deere with the buzz saw to cut up
that slab wood, Bill. It looks like a helluva pile but goes fast.

	I've got another question for you. A friend stopped by yesterday and
we were standing out by my shop looking at tractors and I asked him about
outside wood furnaces. He lives up in Vermont up near the Canandian border.
He said a friend of his has one and he heats both his house and his shop with
it. He said the guy fills the firebox a couple times a day and when the
pressure builds too high, it blows off the excess pressure by blowing the
relief valve on the furnace. This doesn't sound right or safe to me. I've
always had hot water heating systems - for the past 50 years anyhow - and
the pressure in mine is never over 8 to 10 lbs and certainly no where near
high enough to blow a relief valve on the furnace. I'd be willing to bet you
don't run yours that way. Wouldn't a normal expansion tank and air control
on the outside furnace let it function the way any other furnace would
operate?

	And yes, Aqua-Therm is still in business and has an ad in the latest
Mother Earth News.  They have several different models available and don't
seem to give BTUs for any of them. They rate them for the size of the building
you want to heat. I have a feeling it is because a lot of people burn what
they call "junk wood" and there is no way to estimate the heat per cord.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson