[AT] another new shop

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sun Aug 8 15:03:21 PDT 2004

Cecil,  are you moving or have you just filled your other new shop up
already??

Concrete is going to crack.  What you have to do is control where it cracks
by putting in control joints.  You can do that either by sawing them in or
by putting in metal control strips in the pour.   Usually the cracks will
start somewhere where you have an inside corner in the pour, such as around
the column footings.  The crack will run out at an angle from that corner
(or whatever other stress point you have in the slab) and it will continue
along the line of least resistance.  If you a control joint the crack will
follow it.

Charlie