[AT] another new shop

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Sun Aug 8 10:29:35 PDT 2004

Just to add a little to H.L.'s comments... the finish of under side of the
concrete is just as important as the top.  It MUST be smooth so the concrete
is exactly the same thickness everywhere!!!  It's changes in thickness that
concentrate the stresses that cause cracks.  After it is prepared, the
concrete truck MUST NOT drive on it!

My shop floor is in two sections, the largest is 34' x 40'.  It is 4" thick,
poured directly on the original sand base (carefully graded by my Farmall
Cub/grader blade) without any reinforcement in 1990.  There are no cracks.

George Willer