[AT] OT-lightning

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Sat Aug 7 13:41:12 PDT 2004

Mike---perhaps you should know that you don't have to be made of metal to be
struck by lightning. Here on the farm we have lost at least one cow and
several hogs to lightning strikes.

Even though the small dish is covered with plastic it probably has some
metallic film or grid to serve as a reflector.

I don't think I said that the receiver failed because of a lightning strike.
Lightning damage is a possibility though.

One lady told me some time back not to ever have a dog in the house during
an electrical storm.  "BECAUSE DOGS ATTRACT LIGHTNING"

H. L. Staples
McLoud, Oklahoma
USA