[AT] OT, sort of: Harm in keeping clutch engaged while stopped?

Mark Greer greerfam at raex.com
Sat Aug 7 04:38:38 PDT 2004

I wasn't talking about one truck but a whole fleet of trucks where I did the
engine rebuilds. I have seen the same type wear in many manual transmission
applications that had a lot of around town use. As for automatics, I was
only rebuilding the engines, not making the decisions on how new trucks were
to be equipped. I worked for the shop who did the rebuilds, not the company
who owned the trucks. And no, the trucks were not in bad shape, they just
had a bunch of miles on them and were sent to us on a regular basis for
repairs and rebuilds.
Mark - Been there, Done that, Seen it, Know it.