[AJD] JD Grain Binder

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Fri Aug 6 10:30:55 PDT 2004

Howdy all;
  Have a chance to pick up a horse drawn JD Grain Binder.  No green left so
I guess I can pretty much assume there's some stuck stuff.  Good news is
that the traveling wheels are on it and the tongue wheels are there also.
  Interesting is the fact that on the pitman drive gear is written "Oxen
Gear."  I assume the sickle bar has to travel faster with slow walking oxen,
but only a guess.

  So I guess my question is;  Are the green ones more desireable that the
red ones (which I already have.)  I would think so as the red ones around
here are quite common.

  TIA!
RickinMt.