[AT] OT--Harbor Freight

ROBBRUT at aol.com ROBBRUT at aol.com
Fri Aug 6 04:28:15 PDT 2004

Hey Mike-
I bought a REAL 5 hp compressor motor from them for my 22 cfm shop unit 2 years ago, and it was the real made-in-USA thing.
They shipped it direct in the packaging from the OEM and it sure sucked compared to the packaging care they take at Asian locations, and so it was a bit damaged when I got it.
I called them and bitched about the resulting dent in the sheet metal heat shield, and HF gave me a 10% off coupon since I elected to use-as-is.
It took 5 minutes of "bodywork" to pop the dent out.
So my next order was purposely fat ($375.00) to take max advantage of their coupon.
I think that works out to 37.50 for 5 minutes work, or $450.00 an hour !
-Bruce Thompson